Mindwork:
List some possible trial research questions
Teaching practices:
1. Do I clearly perceive the value in what is to be learned?
2. Did I balance instruction so that all learners are challenged?
3. Did I give timely and specific feedback to all students?
4. Does Students actively engaged in learning?
Student learning or outcomes:
1. Teach students how to learn to come up with their own ideas for art.
2. Help students learn to design experiments in art.
3. Develop children's inventive powers through art.
School policies or politics:
1. Allow students to listen to their music or to eat or drink in the classroom while working.
Curriculum:
1. Consider the visual culture and the multicultural education in the art classroom.
Mindwork (2):
Who am I in relation to this idea? How does my position affect my approach?
Because I came from different culture, I faced many funny situations while studying here in US. One I don’t forgot was in the drawing classroom. When my professor asked to draw a live undressed figure. It was the first time in my life to see or be in this situation. Instead of starting drawing, I started to laugh and laugh without draw a line. Then I talked to my professor and explained the situation and he understand. After that, I figured out and created a way to draw a figure of mine without being undressed. So I did draw and being balance between my culture and the culture where I am studying.
What ethical issues might I raise?
The differences in the students’ background and where they came from may be serious issues.
Who will be best served by this study?
1. Both students and their parents.
2. Teachers.
Who might be affected or hurt, and how?
I don’t think this study or research might hurt anyone in personal. Instead. It will benefit all sides.
What are my hidden biases and assumptions?
I am going to treat all students equally and with out hurting their feeling.
Could I change my question to avert ethical difficulties, or should I face these difficulties directly?
It depends on the way the students and their feelings receive it.
Mindwork (3):
I believe that as an educator, the most important question nowadays is where each of us came from, their families, countries, and religions. Because we are living in a multicultural world, we need to teach our students s to understand their friends in school and out school and not depending on the media or the television but on researching and knowing others in personal and by experiences.
I believe that this question is strong for a research but I sometime times wondering whether does everybody need to know the fact of our background? Do they care? Do young people or high school or elementary students need this information?

No comments:
Post a Comment