Mindwork pg. 34
What is my history as a journal keeper?
I don’t like to make a writing journal but I prefer making a visual journal of drawing, photos, and inspiration board.
What do I know about the differences in types and uses of journals?
I know about the writing, drawing, and inspiration board.
Whose published journals have I read?
Unfortunately none but I remember seeing some of them but I can’t remember their names.
What have I noticed in my student’s writing behavior that might make them embrace/resist journals?
From my teaching experience, I have noticed that the inspiration board is popular for students.
To what assignment might I add some kind of journal requirement?
The perfect assignment might be the collage or identity theme.
Which of my curriculum goals might journal help develop?
Identity, stories, places.
Mindwork: Google-ography. Pg. 38
How many option do I have for further search?
I found some links that can help researching in the Multicultural and art education.
This links for lessons plan in multicultural and art education.
What do I know now that I didn’t know before?
I know that there is a complete research, studies, journal in multicultural and art that I am interested in.
What do I want to download or print?
I found many valuable information and lesson plan that I may need for teaching my students.
MindWork P45
Do I need more current articles or books?
Yes absolutely, this topic has many information and some are very old.
Can I eliminate some sources I initially thought were valuable?
No
Have I included enough different types of materials?
There are always more!
Mindwork Chapter4
Emic and the Etic
I have been graduated from high school since eleven years. Everything has been changed since my graduation. The curriculums has changed, teaches has changed, school buildings and books has changed, and even the students and their thinking has changed too. I am from the old generation era but not too old! I like the change, and I like the new and modern technology. And I love to combine technology with teaching especially with art.
My school used to be simple normal building. Yet now, the new school buildings are amazing and colorful with modern furniture and desks. I like what is now the school building.
What surprises me?
My school in the past doesn’t has the multicultural but nowadays its started to increases so fast and becoming a big issue.
My big research h statement is that can I teach art in a ways that makes my students take pride in their own cultural identity? and respect and appreciation for the art of other cultures?

No comments:
Post a Comment