Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What would my students need to know about cultural images, iconography, and architecture, in order to look back and see how the immigrants in their neighborhoods have changed over time?


I think this question would match the multicultural research. Cultural images, museums, art galleries can tell a lot about a culture, a nation, or a group of people. Also, the outside areas such as, architectures and buildings can also tell about the city it self or the people who lives there. For me, I have visited many countries and cities. The first thing I always noticed id the building, streets, clothing and people. Theses changed from place to place and time from time. I remember my first year in US at the international English institute; I met many friends from different countries. We made a day to know about each country we came from. Each of us did a presentation about their countries. It was very interesting to know about each of them and knew about where they came from, how their place look like, their food, clothes, houses and everything. I think learning about other culture is important for student to understand and respect and appreciate others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment