Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Being an adolescent …



Last night I received an email from my cousin. She sent me some photos of us when we were in high school. We were smiling, playing, eating, and hanging out together. She wrote to me… “Dear my cousin and my best friend, I miss so much.” I used to see her and talk to her almost everyday. But now, we send emails to each other and sometime we call each other. Though I study and live abroad, things are not the same. I cannot drive my car to her house. I cannot talk to her at any day or any time.  It has been almost ten years since we graduated from high school. It is very long time. 
In high school, I had so many friends beside my cousin. Then year after year, my friends started to disappear from my life. Some of them got married and had children. Others are preparing to get married. And few of them left my town to study abroad. Yet, I can communicate with them by emails, chatting in msn or face book.

My cousin and I have a special friendship. We are not only friends but family too. And we share so many things together. I remember when we were young; we used to travel together with our families and had wonderful memories. We used to travel to London every summer. We were playing, shopping, and living our lives together. It was such a fabulous time we had in London.  Sometimes we laugh together and sometimes we cry together. After almost ten year or more, I still remember some special moments that I will never forget. I remember when asked my aunt to let us sleep in her house. So that when she goes to her job, we have the whole house for us to play, cook and running around, and having fun. We stayed all night awake chatting, eating some chocolate and chips, listing to music and watching T.V. I remember when we always ask our young uncle every weekend to take us to eat at one of the famous restaurants, and we invited all our other cousins and brothers and sisters. And after we finished from the restaurant, we went to see a midnight movie at the cinema. We were young and there were nothing to worry about.

            In high school, I always wanted to be an artist. I love art and I always drew and painted everything I like. My Mom discovered that I had a talent in art, so she encouraged me and helped me to improve this talent. Now I am an art teacher, teaching students art. And loving art!



No comments:

Post a Comment